Labor Day weekend has finally arrived. Take advantage of the long weekend and squeeze in as much fun as you can because on Tuesday, it’s back to school.
Go to a Festival
See the city from atop of a ferris wheel, eat an elephant ear or two and enjoy the fun and games at a local festival.
- Craft Faire and Fiber Festival @ Blake Farms and Apple Orchard
- Michigan Renaissance Festival @ Michigan Renaissance Festival Grounds
- Michigan State Fair @ Suburban Collection, Novi
- Romeo Peach Festival @ Downtown Romeo
- Arts, Beats & Eats @ Downtown Royal Oak
- Saline Community Fair @ Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds
- Hamtramck Labor Day Festival
Get Wet & Wild
Summer pools and splash parks close after Labor Day weekend so make sure to have plenty of fun in the sun! It’s also the last chance to Meet A Mermaid at SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium.
- Top Water Parks & Pools In Metro Detroit
- Guide to Metro Detroit Splash Parks
- Best Family Kayaking In Metro Detroit
Make Some Memories
Have fun, be silly and have fun as a family.
- Frisbee + Golf =Disc Golf
- Football + Bowling =Fowling
- Bubble Ball + Soccer = Knockerball
- Bumper Cars + Jai-Alai + Basketball =Whirlyball
- Soccer/Fútbol + Pool = Footpool
Hit the Road!
School is starting and the holiday season isn’t far behind. Get away for a day or the weekend.
- Toledo (1 hour from Detroit)
- Lansing (90 minutes from Detroit)
- Grand Rapids (2.5 hours from Detroit)
- Muskegon (3.5 hours from Detroit)
Say Cheers to a Great Summer and an Exciting New School Year!
Slow down and enjoy a family dinner – and a drink too! Grab a bite to eat and sit outside at one of our favorite patios in Detroit, order a beer or hard seltzer family-friendly breweries in metro Detroit and get the kids ice cream after dinner.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..