Fall rain in Metro Detroit is inevitable, but that’s no reason to ruin your family plans! Let the kids bounce off the walls…just not yours. Let them paint and make crafts…just not at your house. Here are some of our favorite indoor activities to do with kids in Metro Detroit!
Don’t worry about making a mess at home and head out for some arts and crafts. Drop in to a local art shop for pottery, painting and more. The DIA has FREE drop-in workshop hours Friday-Sunday so you can see art and create your own to take home!
- Wonderworks Pottery and Art Studio (Birmingham)
- Creative Arts Studio (Royal Oak)
- Creatopia (Plymouth)
- The Bee’s Knees Pottery Studio (Northville)
- Pottery Creations (Wyandotte)
From go-karts to glow golf, trampolines, laser tag and lots of arcades the whole family will find something they love.
Go to an Indoor Playground
Get a coffee or a smoothie and let the kids have fun while you relax and chat with other parents.
- Stemville (Northville)
- Kidcadia (Dearborn)
- Detroit Kid City (Southfield, Dearborn + Clinton Township)
- Fort Clarkston (Clarkston)
- Chelsea Treehouse (Chelsea)
- Rochester Play (Rochester)
Visit A Museum
Learn something new and have hands-on fun at a local museum.
- Michigan Science Center
- Detroit Historical Museum
- The Henry Ford
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Outdoor Adventure Center
Bounce Off The Walls
Get On The Ice
Strap on some skates and get ready for the 2022 Olympics at a local ice arena. We have a full list of rinks here, with highlights below.
- Suburban Ice (multiple locations)
- Dearborn Ice Skating Center
- Birmingham Ice Arena
- Farmington Hills Ice Arena
- Southgate Civic Ice Arena
Bring Back Summer
Find an indoor pool with water slides, splash pads and whirlpools.
- Troy Community Center
- Canton Aquatic Center
- Macomb Township Aquatics Center
- Livonia Recreation Center
- Dearborn Ford Center
- HYPE Athletics Community
- Warren Community Center
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..