The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at…
There are 13,000 children in Michigan who need safe homes for short and long term stays and throughout the month of October you can tune into free online sessions hosted by the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services to learn how you and your family can help them.
- Wednesday, October 14th @ 6:30pm: Myths Busted About Foster Care
- Wednesday, October 14th @ 7:30pm: Faith and Foster Care
- Friday, October 16th @ 6pm: Strengthening & Maintaining Relationships while Fostering
- Saturday, October 17th @ 9am: Strengthening & Maintaining Relationships while Fostering
- Monday, October 19th @ 6:30pm: Foster Parents + Birth Parents Working Together for Kids
- Wednesday, October 21st @ 7:00pm: Preparing Teens in Foster Care for Their Futures
- Thursday, October 22nd @ 6:00pm: Myths Busted About Foster Care – Youth Panel
- Monday, October 26th @ 6:30pm: Preparing for Fostering Teens
- Thursday, October 29th @ 6:30pm: Myth Busting About Fostering for the LGBTQ+ Community
2020 has provided us all time to reflect about our lives and what we want for our families and futures. It has also shown us the importance of community and supporting each other.
If you’re trying to figure out what’s next, look into becoming a foster family. Foster parents play an integral part in helping foster children overcome obstacles, trauma and find success in life. It can be a positive, life changing experience for your family and the children you care for.
Learn more about becoming a foster parent at the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services website, Raise Hope & Foster Dreams.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..