- This event has passed.
The Moving Wall Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Thursday, August 8 - Monday, August 12FREE
Join us August 8-12 at Ford Field in Livonia for The Moving Wall Vietnam Veterans Memorial Visit!
The Moving Wall is
• A half-size replica of the original Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
• Engraved with the names of 58,318 men and women killed in Vietnam
• A place to remember and reflect
• It’s free, open 24-hours
Many activities and displays will enhance this event:
• A motorcycle escort leading the wall to the park
• A ceremony each evening at 6 p.m. (Thursday-Sunday)
• Exceptional traveling museums
• Living encampments by Veterans
• Military vehicles
• A USO-style show with a Vegas-quality “Bob Hope” performer on Friday and Saturday at Stymelski Park
Volunteers are needed (look up names on the wall for visitors, read names aloud at the wall, escort disabled visitors, help keep the area clean, provide information, etc.) All volunteers must complete a waiver to participate.
To view volunteer positions and sign up for a shift or download the volunteer waiver, please visit our The Moving Wall Vietnam Memorial Visit page:
Limited edition commemorative t-shirts (short sleeve only) and coins will be on sale at the Wall visit. If you are interested in purchasing shirts (long and short-sleeved), sweatshirts or hoodies, please visit our online store at vvetwall.itemorder.com/sale
For more information, email us at VietnamMovingWall@ci.livonia.mi.us or call (734)466-2201