Tree lighting ceremonies, holiday shows and SANTA, there's plenty to do during the Christmas season throughout Metro Detroit. Here is…
Winter at Valade is back for another season. Every weekend from December 10th to February 27th, enjoy FREE family fun on the Detroit Riverfront.
Bundle up and head to the Detroit Riverfront for Winter at Valade Park! Each weekend, starting December 10th, visitors can warm up by oversized outdoor fires, enjoy hot seasonal alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, make s’mores on the custom marshmallow roasters, grab a sled from the Sled Shed (featuring free sleds when it snows), play synthetic ice curling and more.
There’s food too! Enjoy takeout from great local small businesses Geisha Girls Sushi and Smokey G’s Smokehouse, located at Robert. C. Valade Park. Both restaurants are open Wednesday – Sunday from 12pm to 8pm.
Plan your visit for a themed weekend!
- Holly Jolly Riverfront (Dec. 10 -12): Santa, Wreaths, Ice Sculptures, Live Christmas music for all ages!
- Fire and Ice (Jan. 14 -16): Ice carving competition, Ice Throne, Techno Dance Party, Renaissance Fair Demos
- Winter Around The World (Jan. 28 – 30): International Food Trucks, Curling Demos, Kid’s Parade of Nations
- Motown Love (Feb. 11 – 13): Live music, Riverfront Carriage Rides and date night in the park
- Mardi Gras At Valade (Feb. 25 – 27): Second Line Band, mask making, Creole inspired cuisine and drinks
Weekend event hours are Fridays 4pm to 9pm, Saturdays 12pm to 9pm and Sundays 12pm to 7pm.
FREE parking is available across from the park in a gravel lot located at the corner of Atwater and Chene. There are also public restrooms!
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..