The wait is OVER! You can soon see Mirabel, Ana and Elsa together at the Disney On Ice Frozen &…
The Detroit Kite Festival on Belle Isle is one of our favorite events each year and we’re thrilled to share that it is returning this summer – mark your calendar for Sunday, July 10th.
If you’re counting down the days to summer, here’s a date to put on your calendar – the Detroit Kite Festival returns to Belle Isle Sunday, July 10th for a full day of FREE family fun. Since 2017 the Detroit Kite Festival has inspired metro Detroiter to grab a kite and enjoy the peaceful pastime. Whether you bring a kite, make one on site or simply sit back and watch the sky, the free family-friendly festival is a LittleGuide Detroit favorite.
Perfect your kite flying techniques this spring and visit one of the recommended locations from the 2020 dispersed Detroit Kite Festival.
Recommended Detroit Parks for Kite Flying
- Belle Isle: Sunset Dr, Detroit, MI 48207
- Gabriel Richard Park : 7130 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48207-3741
- Eliza Howell Park: 23751 Fenkell Ave, Detroit, MI 48223
- Balduck Park: 5271 Canyon St, Detroit, MI 48236
- Rouge Park: 21860 Joy Rd, Detroit, MI 48228
- Chandler Park: 12200 Chandler Park Dr, Detroit, MI 48213
- Palmer Park: 910 Merrill Plaisance St, Detroit, MI 48203
- Alfred Ford Brush Park: 100 Lenox St, Detroit, MI 48215
- Jayne Field: 13200 Conant St, Detroit, MI 48212
Recommended Metro Detroit Parks for Kite Flying
- Lake St. Clair Metropark: 31300 Metro Parkway, Harrison Township, MI 48045
- Kensington Metropark: 4570 Huron River Parkway Milford Michigan 48380
- Maybury State Park: 20145 Beck Road, Northville, MI 48167
- Sterling State Park: 2800 State Park Rd, Monroe, MI 48162
- Pinckney Recreation Area: 8555 Silver Hill Rd, Pinckney, MI 48169
- Nichols Arborteum: 1600 Washington Hts, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Stoney Creek Metropark: 4300 Main Park Dr, Shelby Charter Twp, MI 4831
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..