You know spring has arrived when Greenfield Village opens for the year. The historic village opens to the public on…
Each day, join LittleGuide on a themed adventure full of activities, crafts, nature and games that will help you and your littles have fun at home. Walk on the wild side and make it an animal party kind of day.
CRAFTS, ACTIVITIES + GAMES
- Pull out the arts and crafts and make your favorite animals
- Take your crafts + stuffed buddies outside and create habitats in your backyard for your own zoo (team up with neighbors to make a walkable zoo in your neighborhood).
- Play animal charades
- Go on a safari – take a wagon ride in your neighborhood, bring binoculars and see what animals you can find
READ, WATCH + LISTEN
- Try WILD Cosmic Kid Yoga on YouTube
- Take a virtual trip to the Detroit Zoo
- Put on the Kids Listen podcast and listen to ‘Cool Facts About Animals’
- Watch your favorite Zoo movie – We Bought A Zoo, Madagascar, Zoo, or Zootopia
- Sing and unwind with super simple animal nursery rhymes for kids
SNACKS, MEALS + TREATS
- 10 Easy Animal Themed Snacks
- Chocolate banana pancakes
- You can go to Buddy’s pizza at the Detroit Zoo and you can get it for home too – can’t beat pizza night!
We know that times are hard and resources can be scarce. Please note that these activities are simply meant to be a guide to help you fill the day and inspire ideas that fit your family. Try all of the activities, just a couple, or simply watch a movie and cuddle on couch – whatever makes your family feel happy and safe during times of uncertainty is the best thing to do.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..