Detroit Public Schools Community District (DPSCD) is one of Michigan's largest school districts, complete with diverse and unique academic programs…
Each day, join LittleGuide on a themed adventure full of activities, crafts, nature and games that will help you and your littles have fun at home. We could all use a little Mary Poppins in our life.
CRAFTS, ACTIVITIES + GAMES
- Let’s go fly a kite
- A Cover Is Not the Book – so create some new covers for old favorites
- Listen to the Mary Poppins soundtrack while cleaning up the playroom
- Be an activist like Mrs. Banks and her daughter Jane – write a letter to your representative or make a call to action sign for your yard or window
READ, WATCH + LISTEN
- Learn to dance like a chimney sweep
- Double feature: Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns
- Listen to ‘Mary Poppins’ (Julie Andrews) read a story in her new book podcast.
- Read the original – P.L. Travers’ Mary Poppins book series
SNACKS, MEALS + TREATS
We know that times are hard and resources can be scarce. Please note that these activities are simply meant to be a guide to help you fill the day and inspire ideas that fit your family. Try all of the activities, just a couple, or simply watch a movie and cuddle on couch – whatever makes your family feel happy and safe during times of uncertainty is the best thing to do.
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..