Despite our deepest desires to burrow in and hibernate for the winter, our kids seem to be numb to the…
Each day, join LittleGuide on a themed adventure full of activities, crafts, nature and games that will help you and your littles have fun at home. Celebrate farm life with these fun activities.
CRAFTS, ACTIVITIES + GAMES
- Wake up early and watch the sunrise
- Start or tend a backyard vegetable garden
- Make a sensory bin with corn meal
- Make a tractor craft
- Visit a local farm/barn
READ, WATCH + LISTEN
- Take a virtual Farm Tour
- Make story stones with farm animals
- See what farm life is like with the Biggest Little Farm documentary
- Listen to farm songs on YouTube
- Read Little House on the Prairie as a family
SNACKS, MEALS + TREATS
Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking poder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Guernsey chocolate milk
- 1/3 cup Guernsey sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350
In a large mixing bowl mix butter, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in eggs then stir in milk and sour cream. Mix in flour then fold in chocolate chips.
Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan. Divide batter equally between the muffin cups, filling all the way to the top.
Bake for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick instered in center comes out clean (melted chocolate from the chips is okay!).
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes or until muffins are cool.
We know that times are hard and resources can be scarce. Please note that these activities are simply meant to be a guide to help you fill the day and inspire ideas that fit your family. Try all of the activities, just a couple, or simply watch a movie and cuddle on couch – whatever makes your family feel happy and safe during times of uncertainty is the best thing to do.
Photo credit: Source
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..