Labor Day weekend will be here before we know it. Start making plans before it's back to school. Fall…
Each day, join LittleGuide on a themed adventure full of activities, crafts, nature and games that will help you and your littles have fun at home. if you’re feeling stir crazy, start making plans for a Family Road Trip with these at-home activities.
CRAFTS, ACTIVITIES + GAMES
- Pull out a map of the United States and start making travel plans
- Play Ticket To Ride
- Make geography a little more fun with the Stack the States app
- Search your quarters at home and see how many states you have – then create a money bank to start saving for your vacation
- Go for a short family road trip (or neighborhood walk) and play a game of Alphabet ‘I Spy’
- Start a family scrapbook with pictures, items, drawings of each state you’ve been to – including the one you live in!
READ, WATCH + LISTEN
- Explore the USA with a fact-filled map book – The 50 States
- Watch your favorite Road Trip Adventure movie – The Goofy Movie, RV or National Lampoon’s Vacation
- Listen to The Family Road Trip Quiz
SNACKS, MEALS + TREATS
- All-American Roadtrip requires Apple Pie
- Pull out the grill and try hot dog topping combos from across the country
- Put together a roadtrip snack kit for movie night
We know that times are hard and resources can be scarce. Please note that these activities are simply meant to be a guide to help you fill the day and inspire ideas that fit your family. Try all of the activities, just a couple, or simply watch a movie and cuddle on couch – whatever makes your family feel happy and safe during times of uncertainty is the best thing to do.
Photo credit: Love Taza
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..