The days may all be a blur but the weekends are a time to refresh. Save time scrolling and check…
Each day, join LittleGuide on a themed adventure full of activities, crafts, nature and games that will help you and your littles have fun at home. The Motor City is our home – here’s how we can celebrate the city that put the world on wheels.
CRAFTS, ACTIVITIES + GAMES
- Detroit is a sports city – put on your favorite jersey and play ball! Get creative and DIY fowling with a football and pop bottles
- Try Michigan Science Center approved at-home science experiments
- Color your way through Detroit’s favorite parks with these FREE coloring pages
- Connect with classical music and play an instrument – real or DIY – on your porch and tag the @DetroitSymphony in your pictures
- It’s the Motor City – play with cars! Design a sleek new design with craft supplies or create cool race tracks for your toy cars
READ, WATCH + LISTEN
- Read ABCDetroit by Kari Jo Wagner
- Put on Motown classics and have a dance party
- Take a virtual visit of the Detroit Institute of Art
- Watch Motown Magic on Netflix
SNACKS, MEALS + TREATS
- Start the day off right with Guernsey’s chocolate milk
- Chef’s choice – Detroit-style pizza or coney dogs for dinner
- Make Cream Puffs with Guernsey’s vanilla ice cream and Sanders fudge
- Toast to Detroit with Faygo or Vernors (add vanilla ice cream to make it a Boston Cooler)
We know that times are hard and resources can be scarce. Please note that these activities are simply meant to be a guide to help you fill the day and inspire ideas that fit your family. Try all of the activities, just a couple, or simply watch a movie and cuddle on couch – whatever makes your family feel happy and safe during times of uncertainty is the best thing to do.
Photo credit: David Lorenz
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..