It's a new world and esports are a popular pastime for kids and adults. Join a league, plan a party…
The Playful Dragon Playground in Orion Township is the newest and coolest addition to the area and we had a blast climbing on the giant dragon and walking the storybook path.
Orion Township was “selected as a 2019 #PlayEverywhere challenge grantee” to open two new pocket parks along the Baldwin corridor and the Playful Dragon is the first to open. The giant green dragon has a long red tongue that kids can slide down and wings that are perfect for climbing all over. In addition to the dragon you can also walk the short storybook path which includes an adorable story written and illustrated by Lake Orion High School students.
- Partially fenced-in but is located right on Baldwin Rd. which is a multi-lane, busy street!
- Limited street parking is available on Jordan Rd. (no parking lot)
- Two picnic tables & trash bins
- Short ADA accessible walking path with a storybook trail
- No on-site bathrooms! (multiple fast food restaurants are within walking distance)
- On hot, sunny days bring sunscreen + water as there’s no shaded areas
Nearby Family Destinations:
- Camp Agawam Playground, 1301 W. Clarkston Rd., Orion Township, MI
- Friendship Park, 3380 W. Clarkston Rd., Lake Orion, MI
- Great Lakes Crossing Outlets (Legoland/Peppa Pig World of Play/SeaLife) 4000 Baldwin Rd., Auburn Hills, MI
- Canterbury Village, 2359 Joslyn Ct., Lake Orion, MI
About Ashley Hubbbard-Porter
Ashley Porter is a Chicago native who now calls Birmingham home. Ashley and her husband Mike and son Jake love attending local festivals, exploring Detroit’s diverse food scene, and venturing outside of Metro Detroit to enjoy the natural beauty of Michigan. With a background in Early Childhood Education, Ashley loves connecting with and supporting families in her community, which is why she is so excited to be a part of LittleGuide Detroit.