If you're looking for FREE family fun this summer, head to Normandy Oaks in Royal Oak! The park features a…
Exciting news! The Cranbrook Institute of Science opens in August and admission is FREE!
The Cranbrook Institute of Science will reopen to members only August 19-22, 2020, and will reopen to the public beginning Wednesday, August 26. All guests will receive free general admission August 26 thru September 6. Visitors to the Institute will be required to pre-register online in advance of their visit, and beginning Wednesday, September 9th, will purchase general admission tickets upon arrival. Maximum capacity at any given time will be limited to 50 guests.
The Institute will be open Wednesday- Sunday, with the following hours:
- Wednesdays & Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.; and 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.; 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.; and 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. and 2:30 – 5:00 p.m.
The Acheson Planetarium will be closed upon the initial reopening phase and will reopen when it is deemed safe with social distancing guidelines in place.
The following safety measures have been put in place at all locations and are to be followed while indoors:
- All guests aged three and older will be required to wear a face covering that covers their mouth and nose for the duration of their visit.
- Children under the age of three will be asked to enjoy the museum from a stroller or carrier.
- Visitors will be asked to maintain six-feet of social distance between themselves and other guests.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed at visitor entrances and high-contact areas.
- In addition to daily cleaning procedures, enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces will take place throughout the day.
- The museum will be limited to 50 guests at any given time.
When you visit the museum you can also explore the Cranbrook Gardens for FREE! The 40-acre gardens will be open to the public daily from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (including weekends and holidays).
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..