Glowing Ghosts, Spooky Goblins, scare up a good time at Michigan Central Station in Corktown this Halloween. Hop in…
Fall season is here and ripe for fun family activities! From pumpkin picking and apple orchards, to Fall Festivals and of course, tons of cider and donuts, here are our favorite things to do with kids in the Fall.
Eat cider and donuts
It’s not fall without the signature fall favorite. Whether you visit the same place every year or do a donut hop – a cider mill is an autumn must.
Get creative with apples
Apples are the quintessential fruit of the season and there are countless ways you can eat them. Here are our favorite easy and healthy recipes everyone will love.
Pick out a pumpkin
Whether you carve them, paint them or eat them , you’ll want to find the perfect pumpkin at a local patch.
Go on a hayride
Take in the simple joys of childhood. A tractor ride around the park might not thrill you but for a kid, it’s a long open air journey that they can’t wait to go on again.
Plan a family road trip
Before they fall, tree leaves transform the landscape with colorful views. Check out these 5 routes in Michigan and plan a family road trip to take in the trees.
Read fall favorites
Stop by the library and pick out some books for your classroom reading log or bedtime.
- Fall Mixed Up by Bob Raczka
- Frederick by Leo Lionni
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams
- Pumpkin Jack by Will Hubbell
- Fall Leaves Fall by Zoe Hall
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia Rawlinson
- The Berenstain Bears and the Prize Pumpkin by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- Clifford’s First Autumn by Norman Bridwell
- Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie by Herman Parish
- Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin by Tad Hills
Cuddle up for movie night
Turn on the fireplace, pop some corn and stay up past bedtime (on the weekend) to enjoy a family-friendly Halloween movie. Here are a few timeless favorites:
- Hocus Pocus
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Tower of Terror
- The Addams Family
- The Haunted Mansion
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Take family photos
Get your photo lined up for the holiday cards and take some family photos.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..