If you're thinking about starting your little in swim school but don't know where to start, we're answering commonly asked…
Take family movie night to a new level this year with delicious treats and fun family outings that help bring your favorite stories to life.
New on Netflix this Christmas musical tells the tale of an inventor and his family. It’s a beautiful holiday story and plenty of fun to watch!
- Sweet Treat: Get creative and make your own sundae bar
- Activity: Pull out your family album and look at old family photos from the holidays.
- Outing: Take a trip through time Holiday Nights at Greenfield Village to see the works and machines of inventors and innovators
Who doesn’t love a good Girl Power movie? Noelle delivers on all fronts and is a new family favorite. Anna Kendrick is a sweet new Santa and brings her Poppy vibes for any Trolls fan.
- Sweet Treat: Hot chocolate, double whipped cream with crushed peppermint
- Activity: Make pop-up Christmas cards
- Outing: Celebrate Christmas with fashion – pick out a festive shirt or pajamas
We watch Illumination’s version of The Grinch all year long. I’ll admit it was never my favorite story but this adaptation is too fun not too love – the soundtrack is great too!
- Sweet Treat: Grinch Popcorn
- Activity: Have a Grinch Ornament Stealing Race
- Outing: Visit ‘The Grouch’ at Oakland Mall
Take a magical ride before bedtime on The Polar Express. Sure, computer animation has improved but the story is timeless and film a lot of fun.
- Sweet Treat: Make a Graham Cracker Cookie Train to carry your favorite treats
- Activity: Read The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- Outing: Visit the BIG play train at Shepherd Park in Oak Pak
Who can resist Buddy and his good-hearted love of Christmas?
- Sweet Treat: Syrup on everything
- Activity: Pull out The Elf on The Shelf
- Outing: Find wide-eyed excitement during a drive-thru holiday light show
A Michigan must – Tim Allen as Santa is classic. Introduce your kids to our childhood favorite.
- Sweet Treat: Cocoa – not too hot, extra chocolate and shaken not stirred
- Activity: Make a snow globe
There’s nothing quite like Christmas in New York City or Kevin McCallister fighting off Harry and Marv.
- Sweet Treat: Room service – let the kids pick their favorite dessert
- Activity: Create a ‘booby trap’ obstacle course for your kids to get through
- Outing: Take a trip downtown to see the trees at Campus Martius and Beacon Park in Detroit – you can go ice skating too
No one tells the story of Charles Dickens’ Christmas tale quite like The Muppets. Have some laughs and maybe a tear or two during the timeless movie.
- Sweet Treat: British traditional Bread Pudding
- Activity: Go through old toys and clothes and donate to a local charity
- Outing: Surprise friends/family by Christmas Caroling
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..