Do you need ideas for activities to do with kids? Tried and true suggestions that real moms actually do? Here…
There are only a few weeks left to the year and so much to do. With holiday shopping, Santa visits and family gatherings – here are a few additional activities to check out in Metro Detroit in December!
1. Come together with your neighbors to sing carols and countdown at a local tree lighting ceremony.
2. Light up the dark nights with some Christmas magic. From a stroll through the zoo to a carriage ride on the trail or a comfortable car ride – take in the lights this holiday.
4. Downtown shopping was an annual tradition when our parents were kids and now we can do it with our own – shop local and shop the holiday markets in downtown Detroit. Don’t forget to strap on skates or stop by the cozy pop-ups at Cadillac Lodge and ‘The Story’.
5. Watch the story of The Nutcracker performed on stage by international and local ballerinas:
- The Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor: Saturday, December 14
- Ewing Performing Arts Center, Saline: December 14 & 15
- Macomb Center For The Performing Arts, Clinton Township: December 20-22
- Fox Theatre, Detroit: Sunday, December 22
- Masonic Temple, Detroit: Monday, December 23
We want to hear from you! What are you looking forward to doing with your family in December? Email your top picks to carrie (@) littleguidedetroit.com
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..