Fuel up for an adventure with the kids and treat yo self to Biggby Coffee! Enter to win a $100…
24 hour parenting at home with numerous (and uncontrollable) real life pressures is a lot to handle. Moms are superheroes but we’re also human too and sometimes we need a break. So whether it’s 10 minutes while the kids are playing with a toy, 30 minutes during a walk or an hour after bedtime – here are some ways you can try to refresh.
When You Can’t Get Away From the Kids
- Put on their favorite show or movie and set up an at-home foot soak. With a couple basic household items you can create a spa experience in the living room.
- Let the outside world distract them (or put them to sleep) and put on a headphones to listen to a book or podcast during an afternoon stroll.
- Play hairdresser and let your little brush your hair, while playing ‘the quiet game’.
When You Can Find A Few Minutes Alone
- Start or end your day with yoga or meditation. Local favorite Citizen Yoga is now streaming online.
- Draw a hot bath (use the kid’s bubbles) and soak in the solitude or stream your favorite show from your phone.
- Bake your favorite treat and don’t care about calories – these Katharine Hepburn Brownies are my favorite and easy to make.
Our kids are always top of mind and close to heart, get a custom necklace with their names or initials from Patricia Carruth, a third generation jeweler located in Royal Oak. We’ve partnered with The Personal Jeweler to giveaway a sterling silver nameplate necklace in either white, yellow or rose color. Enter below for your chance to win.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..