Not up for trick or treating this year? No problem! There are plenty of fun Halloween activities that are just…
Labor Day weekend has finally arrived. Take advantage of the long weekend and squeeze in as much fun as you can because on Tuesday, it’s back to school.
Celebrate Fall With Cider & Donuts
Start the holiday weekend off right with your favorite seasonal treat. There are plenty places to chose from (here’s a complete list) but here are our favorites.
- Blakes Farm (Armada)
- Erwin Orchards (South Lyon)
- Three Cedars Farm (Plymouth)
- DeBuck’s Corn Maze and Orchard (Belleville)
Have a No-Phone Day
Put the phone away for a day and party like it’s 1999. Take in mother nature and rake up a few more hours for the #1000 Hours Outside challenge. (here’s a list of 100 outdoor activities)
- Family Guide to Metro Detroit Hiking Trails
- 100 Ways To Spend #1000HoursOutside
- Experience the DIA Outside
Make Some Memories
Have fun and friendly competition with a family sport.
- Where To Play Miniature Golf In Metro Detroit
- 15 Frisbee Golf Courses In Metro Detroit
- 10 Family-Friendly Places To Fish In Metro Detroit
Say Hi To Some Animals
Take a walk on the wild side and visit the zoo. Keep it local or hit the road for a safari adventure.
A bigger fan of farm life? Here are 8 Petting Farms In Metro Detroit.
Hit the Road!
School is starting and the holiday season isn’t far behind. Get away for a day or the weekend.
- Frankenmuth (90 minutes from Detroit)
- Muskegon (3.5 hours from Detroit)
- Mackinac Island (4 hour from Detroit)
Hold On To Summer
Summer pools and splash parks close after Labor Day weekend so make sure to have plenty of fun in the sun!
- 20 Family Friendly Beaches In Metro Detroit
- Guide to Metro Detroit Splash Parks
- Best Family Kayaking In Metro Detroit
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..