The Huron-Clinton Metroparks has everything you need for summer fun. For $40 a year you gain family access to dozens…
Kids love to be silly and these sport fusions are funky and fun! So whether you are looking to shake up the weekend routine or find something different for a birthday party, here are some new games to try.
Frisbee + Golf = Disc Golf
Pick up some frisbees at the local sports store (or resale shop) and put on your walking shoes. This free activity offers an afternoon of fun as you toss a frisbee into the net.
- Founders Sports Park //35500 8 Mile Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48335
- Cass Benton Hills Disc Golf Course // 18951 Northville Rd, Northville, MI, 48167
- Freedom Park // 44705 Palmer Rd, Canton, MI 48188
- Starr Jaycee Park // 13 Mile & Crooks, Royal Oak, MI 48073
- Firefighters Park // 1800 W Square Lake Rd, Troy, MI 48098
Bubble Ball + Soccer = Knockerball
Strap on a BIG bubble suit and run around the field trying to kick the soccer ball into the net without getting knocked over by the other team (or someone on your own).
- Knockerball – 38741 Ann Arbor Rd, Livonia, MI 48150
Soccer/Fútbol + Pool = Footpool
Hop on the 12ft x 8ft table and kick the lead ball to your colors and be the first to get them all in the hole.
- Gamers Gallery – 3901 Christopher St. Suite D-1, Detroit, MI 48211
Football + Bowling = Fowling
Get your arm
- Fowling Warehouse – 3901 Christopher St, Hamtramck, MI 48211
- The HUB Stadium – 2550 Innovation Dr, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Bumper Cars + Jai-Alai + Basketball = Whirlyball
Buckle up and get ready to multi-task. To win whirlyball you have to drive around the court, catch the ball and swing it into the net!
- Whirlyball Novi – 41550 Grand River Ave, Novi, MI 48375
- Whirlyball Clinton Township– 19781 15 Mile Rd, Clinton Twp., MI 48035
- Whirly Ball of Ann Arbor – 750 Phoenix Drive · Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108
- Joe Dumars Fieldhouse – 45300 Mound Rd, Shelby Township, MI 48317
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..