Looking for daily inspiration and ideas for things to do with kids this week? From at-home family fun, to festivities…
Looking for things to do over the holiday weekend, here are kid-friendly options in metro Detroit.
Attend A New Year’s Eve Party
Ring in the new/noon year at one of these kid-friendly metro Detroit celebrations.
- Kid’s NYE Party @ Detroit City Fieldhouse
- Kid’z Drop Celebration @ Canterbury Village
- New Year’s Eve Party @ Castaway Play
- New Year’s Eve Skate @ United Skates of America
- Harry Potter Holiday Skate & Ball Drop @ Downtown Farmington
- Rockin’ NYE Ball Drop @ Downtown Wyandotte
Start 2022 On A High Note
Spend Time Outside
Bundle up and start the year outside with a New Year’s Day hike. Here’s a list of some of the best trails in metro Detroit. If your kids prefer traditional playtime, surprise them with a trip to a NEWplayground – Innovation Hills (Rochester Hills), Lower Huron Metropark (Belleville) or Normandy Oaks (Royal Oaks).
Enjoy Family Movie Night
Stay Up Late
Hold on to the holiday break a little longer and take an evening stroll through a festive light show.
- Wild Lights @ Detroit Zoo, Royal Oak
- Starry Lights @ The Ford House, Grosse Pointe Shores
- Glenlore Trails: Aurora, Commerce
Photo credit: Wild Lights at Detroit Zoo
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..