If you ask mom want she wants most 10 out of 10 will tell you sleep! Being a mom is…
It’s hard to believe but there are only a few weeks left of summer. Before we know it the kids will be back in school and the hustle and bustle of the holiday season will soon follow. Hold on to the warm days, long nights and relaxing time with your family by checking off these last few items from our Summer Bucket List.
Splash & Play
Put on the swimsuits and sunscreen and get ready to beat the heat. Whether you want a quick trip to a local splash park or an afternoon in the sand, nothing says summer more than getting wet and having fun with water.
- Top Water Parks & Pools in Metro Detroit
- Guide to Metro Detroit Splash Parks
- Best Family Kayaking In Metro Detroit
Go On An Island Adventure
You don’t need to get on a plane to find an island getaway. Belle Isle State Park offers fun for the whole family. Load up the bikes and buggies, pack food for a BBQ and get ready for a day of fun at these free attractions:
- Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory
- Belle Isle Aquarium – the oldest aquarium in the United States
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Belle Isle Nature Center
- Belle Isle Beach
See A Movie on the Big Screen
Let the kids stay up past their bedtime and squeeze in a date with your favorite person at a drive-in double header. Dora And The Lost City Of Gold, The Angry Birds Movie 2 and Playmobil come out this month if you want to see something new. If you’d prefer tried and true favorites, skip the parking lot and try a movie in the park.
- Family Guide to Free Outdoor Movies in Metro Detroit
- Ford Drive
- USA Hockey Summer Drive-In
- US 23 Drive-In
Have a No-Phone Day
Put the phone away for a day and party like it’s 1999. Try a fusion sport like Knockerball or fowling, introduce the kids to old-school video games or bounce off the walls at a trampoline park. Here are some of our favorite places to play!
Enjoy A Family Dinner
Pick up your ingredients at the farm or farmers market, pack a picnic blanket and find the perfect place to sit al fresco. Whether you’re looking for waterfront views or a picture perfect setting, metro Detroit offers some great picnic spots. After you eat, don’t forget to stop for a cool treat.
- Our Favorite U-Pick Orchards in Metro Detroit
- Guide to Metro Detroit Farmers Markets
- Our Favorite Family-Friendly Patios In Detroit
- 4 Fun Places to Picnic in Metro Detroit
- 10 Creative Ice Cream Spots in Metro Detroit
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..