The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at…
Family adventures and birthday parties aren’t the only milestones for kids. Visits from the tooth fairy are a big deal and if you need ideas for how to make the occasion extra special we teamed up with Delta Dental to give you some ideas.
How To Handle A Loose Tooth
Losing a tooth can be an exciting but scary time in a child’s life. Children start losing teeth around age 6, with the last ones falling out by age 13, and it’s important that parents feel prepared when the first milestone arrives.
If you notice a loose baby tooth, hold the tooth firmly with a piece of gauze or tissue and give it a quick twist. If it doesn’t come out, wait a few days until it becomes looser and try again. It’s OK to let your child wiggle the loose tooth gently to help, but if there’s pain or if the tooth hasn’t fallen out after a few days, you may want to reach out to your dentist.
Minimal bleeding after losing a tooth is normal—just give your child water to rinse with. The mouth will heal on its own, but you can also hold a clean piece of gauze to the area to help.
How To Prepare For The Tooth Fairy
- How To Catch The Tooth Fairy by Adam Wallace
- How To Trick The Tooth Fairy by Erin Russell
- The Tooth Fairy (Peppa Pig)
- Chase’s Loose Thooth (Paw Patrol)
- Here Comes the Tooth Fairy Cat by Deborah Underwood
- Pete the Cat and the Lost Tooth by James Dean
- The Berenstain Bears and the Tooth Fairy
- Dear Tooth Fairy by Alan Durant
- Tallulah The Tooth Fairy CEO by Tamara Pizzoli
There’s nothing wrong with placing the tooth under the pillow they have but if you want to something special (and perhaps make it a little easier for you to find at night), here are some cute finds from Etsy!
- Tooth Fairy Kit ($10)
- Superhero Fairy ($17)
- Personalized Tooth Fairy Bags ($5)
- Tooth Fairy Pouch ($5)
- Tooth Fairy Door Sign ($8)
Photo credit: Etsy
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..