The Pontiac Skatepark Project is ready to take the Oakland Park skate space to the next level with a state…
Are you the cool aunt or “funcle” (fun + uncle)? Hanging with your nieces and nephews is the best – you get to play all day and send them home when the day is over! Here are 5 ways you can keep up your street cred and plan a fun day with the littles in your life.
Treat Them Like a Grown-Up and Act Like A Kid
Order a mocktail and hang like an adult. Give them your undivided attention, have a ball and get ready to bowl (but know there’s no shame in bumpers).
- Escape – 1950 E Square Lake Rd, Troy, MI 48085
- Punch Bowl Social – 1331 Broadway St, Detroit, Michigan 48226
- Lucky Strikes – 44325 12 Mile Rd, Novi, MI 48377
Let Them Drive
All kids want to drive and all parents dread it. Get them behind the wheel and have some fun on the go-kart race track.
- Sportway of Westland – 38520 Ford Rd, Westland, MI 48185
- Sport-n-Fun – 30755 Grand River Ave, Farmington Hills, MI 48336
- Midway Sports & Entertainment – 22381 Van Born Rd, Taylor, MI 48180
- Sportway – 4355 Highland Rd, Waterford Twp, MI 48328
- Kart 2 Kart – 42705 Van Dyke, Sterling Heights, MI 48314
Go Above and Beyond
Go wild in the tree tops and reach new heights at the West Bloomfield Adventure Park. The park has 165 obstacles and zip lines, five difficulty levels, and 10 different courses for a whole day of fun.
Throw Them a Curve Ball
Let the kids know how cool you are and introduce them to a game they have never heard of. Fowling is a football/bowling combo and Knockerball is bubble ball soccer.
- Fowling Warehouse – 3901 Christopher St, Hamtramck, MI 48211
- The HUB Stadium – 2550 Innovation Dr, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
- Knockerball – 38741 Ann Arbor Rd, Livonia, MI 48150
Forget About Bedtime
Make it a late night – stock up on sweets and catch a double feature in the car.
- Ford Drive-In – 10400 Ford Rd, Dearborn, MI 48126
- Summer Drive-In – 14900 North Beck Road, Plymouth, MI 48170
- US-23 Drive-In – 5200 Fenton Rd, Flint, MI 48507
Photo credit: Bransontracks.com
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..