One of the best things about the holiday season is visiting with friends and family from out of town. Make your time together more memorable by checking out these places and events during Christmas break.
Take Part In a Hometown Tradition
Introduce a new generation to some of metro Detroit’s favorite activities.
- Holiday Nights @ Greenfield Village
- Wild Lights @ The Detroit Zoo
- Wayne County Lightfest @ Hines Drive
- Santa’s Magic Forest @ Taylor’s Heritage Park
Hit the Ice Rink
Winter has arrived and ice skating is a fun seasonal sport. Bundle up and go skating indoors or out.
- USA Hockey Arena (Plymouth)
- The Rink @ Campus Martius (Detroit)
- Suburban Ice (multiple locations)
- Dearborn Ice Skating Center (Dearborn)
- Troy Sports Center (Troy)
Get Out the House & Stay Indoors
Burn off some cookie calories and the kids’ extra energy at these indoor attractions.
- Escape (Troy)
- Legacy 925 (Oxford)
- Rev’d Up Fun (Woodhaven)
- The Fun Garage (Canton)
- Yo Yo’s Fun Center (Westland)
Visit A Museum
Museums are always fun and these unique exhibits and events make the visit even more special.
- Tea-Time Theatre @ Detroit Institute of Arts
- FREE Admission @ Michigan Science Center
- Robot Revolution @ Cranbrook Institute of Science
- Robolights @ Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit
- Celebrate Kwanza @ The Wright Museum
- Learn about Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day @ The Detroit Historical Museum
Celebrate The New Year
Have fun at home or hit the town – 2020 is almost here and we’re ready to celebrate!
- Noon Year’s Eve @ LEGOLAND Discovery Center
- New Year’s Eve Kid Countdown @ Beacon Park
- Noon Year’s Eve @ Detroit Historical Museum
- Rockin’ NYE Ball Drop @ Downtown Wyandotte
Need child care during Christmas Break?
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..