Next year, you'll be able to easily walk, bike or stroll the 3.5 miles of the Detroit Riverfront from Hart…
One of the best things about the holiday season is visiting with friends and family from out of town. Make your time together more memorable by checking out these places and events during Christmas break.
Museums are always fun and these unique exhibits and events make the visit even more special.
- Michigan Science Center
- Light Up Beacon Park
- Winter @ Valade Park
- Belle Isle Holiday Stroll
- Detroit Institute of Arts
Hit the Ice Rink
Winter has arrived and ice skating is a fun seasonal sport. Bundle up and go skating at an outdoor rink!
- Blake Farms (Armada)
- The Rink @ Campus Martius (Detroit)
- Dodge Park (Sterling Heights)
- Buhr Arena (Ann Arbor)
- Riley Park (Farmington)
Take Part In a Hometown Tradition
Introduce a new generation to some of metro Detroit’s favorite activities.
- Wayne County Lightfest @ Hines Drive
- Holiday Nights @ Greenfield Village
- Wild Lights @ The Detroit Zoo
- Holiday Stroll @ Canterbury Village
- Taylor’s Winterfest @ Heritage Park
Take a road trip here are 10 Best Holiday Destinations In Michigan
Plan A Park Date
When you can’t gather indoors, bundle up and head out! Go for a nature walk or let kids run around on the playground while you catch up with extended family or friends over the holiday.
- 25 Most Popular Playgrounds In Metro Detroit
- Metro Detroit Family Hiking Guide
- 12 Easy Nature Walks To Do With Kids
Celebrate The ‘Noon’ Year
It’s been a year! Let’s celebrate the end of 2020 and look forward to the new year.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..