Fall season is here and ripe for fun family activities! From pumpkin picking and apple orchards, to Fall Festivals and…
Labor Day weekend has finally arrived. Take advantage of the long weekend and squeeze in as much fun as you can because on Tuesday, it’s back to school.
Carnival rides, live music and plenty of fun to be found at a local fair.
- Blake’s Sunflower Festival (Armada)
- Arts, Beats and Eats (Royal Oak)
- Michigan State Fair (Novi)
- Saline Community Fair (Saline)
- Michigan Renaissance Festival (Holly)
Do Something NEW!
Here are summer 2021 highlights and places that recently opened in metro Detroit.
- Check out the Oudolf Gardens on Belle Isle
- Play at the STEAM Park at the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Climb to new heights at Normandy Oaks (there’s a splash pad too)
- Cool down at Michigan’s largest splash pad at Lily Springs in West Bloomfield
It’s your last chance to see the Jim Henson Imagination Unlimited exhibit at The Henry Ford!
Hit the Road!
School is starting and the holiday season isn’t far behind. Get away for a day or the weekend.
- Smell the roses and walk the treetops at Dow Gardens in Midland
- Hit the beach and ride a giant slide in Port Huron
- Follow the freeway to Holland to hit up the beach, Windmill Island Gardens and the Oz Project
- All aboard, Thomas and Friends are at Impressions 5 Children’s Museum
Have a No-Phone Day
Put the phone away for a day and party like it’s 1999. Take in mother nature, soak up the sun and enjoy family time.
- Splash Pads, Pools + Beaches In Metro Detroit
- 100 Kid-Friendly Activities In Detroit
- Best Neighborhood Parks For Kids
Celebrate Fall With Cider & Donuts
Start fall off right with your favorite seasonal treat. There are plenty places to chose from (here’s a complete list) but here are our favorites.
- Erwin Orchards (South Lyon)
- Three Cedars Farm (Plymouth)
- Spicer Orchards (Fenton)
- Plymouth Orchard’s & Cider Mill (Plymouth)
- Yates Cider Mill (Rochester)
Photo Credit: Michigan State Fair
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..