Halloween season is here and it's time to put on some costumes and have some fun! Here are the Halloween…
It’s not too long before we say farewell to the lazy days of summer and Hello to busy fall schedules. As you plan for the weeks ahead, consider keeping a summer favorite on the to-do list. Swim class offers kids a fun, empowering activity that also provides them with life saving skills. Here are a few reasons you should keep swim class on your schedule.
Last spring, we enrolled our oldest in Aqua-Tots Swim School for a weekly class. We are not a swimming family and Lucas was timid around water. With the support of his instructor and new friends in his 4 person class, his confidence has grown in and out of the pool. Whenever we go to a beach or waterpark, he’s excited to be able to tell Miss. Paige how he put his head under water or did a paddle from one touch point to another.
This month he starts kindergarten, another new experience and change to his schedule. We’re keeping our Sunday swim lessons for several reasons:
- Knowing how to swim is an important life skill. The lessons of Water Safety Month showed me that it was an activity we could not forego.
- Consistency. Not only does consistent classes help him maintain his skills in the pools, consistently attending class when other aspects of his life are changing is important too.
- Physical fitness. Swimming is a great form of exercise and now that he will be spending more time sitting in school, this will help keep him moving – even as the weather changes.
- It’s fun. Even with all of its benefits, we wouldn’t do swim class if Lucas didn’t want to go but he counts down the days to his next session and that’s all we need.
Aqua-Tots Swim School is not only great for school aged children but babies as young as 4 months old can attend Parent & Tot classes. It’s the perfect day time activity, especially during cooler months because the pools are heated to ensure comfort during class.
Find out if Aqua-Tots Swim School is right for you and try a FREE class with the promo code SWIM20.
Aqua-Tots Swim Schools provides year-round swimming lessons for kids of all ages, including swim lessons for babies and toddlers. The world-renowned swimming instruction and “safety first, fun every second” approach features water safety certified swim instructors, a family-friendly environment, and state-of-the-art facility with a comfortable 90° pool.
- Auburn Hills – 750 Brown Rd., Auburn Hills, MI 48326
- Canton – 43335 Joy Road, Canton, MI 48187
- Dearborn – 24365 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, MI 48124
- Farmington Hills – 31221 W 14 Mile Rd., Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Novi – 44225 W. 12 Mile Rd., Ste. 103, Novi, MI 48377
- Sterling Heights – 44891 Hayes Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48313
- Troy – 846 E. Big Beaver Rd., Troy, MI 48083
- Woodhaven – 21621 Allen Rd., Woodhaven, MI 48183
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..