Looking for daily inspiration and ideas for things to do with kids this week? From at-home family fun, to winter…
Tuesday, November 6th is a BIG day! Grown-ups get to vote and kids get a day off from school. So if you’re at home with the littles and need ideas for the day, here are 4 fun activities.
Celebrate Election Day (and the end of political ads)
The endless campaign commercials and loads of junk mail will finally stop (yay!), so we think a little lighthearted fun is a pretty good way to unplug from the political strife.
- Escape (Troy)
- Marvin’s Marvelous Mechanical Museum (Farmington Hils)
- Dave & Buster’s (Utica + Livonia)
- Joe Dumars Field House (Detroit + Shelby Township)
- CJ Barrymore Sports and Entertainment (Clinton Township)
Keep it educational and FUN!
We ❤️ FREE and the Michigan Science Center has FREE admission on Tuesday, November 6th. Admission to the Historical Museum is always free and Cranbrook is also offering free admission for up to two children when a paying adult has an ‘I Voted’ sticker.
- Michigan Science Center
- Detroit Historical Museum
- Cranbrook Institute of Science
- The Henry Ford
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
Take a walk and talk about it
We can avoid politics or we can face them head on. Take some time away from the chaos of the world and talk to your kids about the issues on the ballot and beyond.
- Lower Rouge River Recreation Trails – Canton
- Dequindre Cut – Detroit
- Bennett Arboretum – Northville
- Paint Creek Trail – Rochester & Lake Orion
- Carpenter Lake Nature Preserve Loop – Southfield
- Cedar Creek Trail (2.75 miles) – White Lake
Stop by your local library
Keep it simple – stay close to home and visit your local library. Here are some books that range from cute to educational, and help kids understand the election process.
- Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio
- Monster Needs Your Vote by Paul Czajak
- Max for President by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- Around America to Win the Vote by Mara Rockliff
- Lillian’s Right to Vote by Jonah Winter
Show us your pictures! Long lines are expected for tomorrow so snap a selfie while waiting in line and we’ll share on social media. Tag us at @LittleGuideDetroit or email us at email@example.com
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..