The Pontiac Skatepark Project is ready to take the Oakland Park skate space to the next level with a state…
Summer time is the greatest opportunity to pack up a basket and dine al fresco as a family! Make dinner an outing and an experience as you picnic in one of these top places throughout Metro Detroit.
Whether you want to get in the water or just enjoy the view, here are some great lake picnic locations.
- Marshbank Park – 2805 Hiller Rd, West Bloomfield Township, MI 48324
- Lakeshore Park – 601 S Lake Dr, Novi, MI 48375
- Lake Erie Metropark – 32481 W. Jefferson, Brownstown MI 48173
- Milford Central Park – 195 N Main St, Milford, MI 48381
- Budd Park – 19000 Clinton River Rd, Charter Twp of Clinton, MI 48038
Picture Perfect Setting
Bring the camera and snap some picnic pictures at these beautiful parks and gardens.
- Cranbrook House & Gardens – 380 Lone Pine Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
- The Henry Ford House – 1 Fair Ln Dr, Dearborn, MI 48128
- Belle Isle – 900 Inselruhe Ave, Detroit, MI 48207
- Matthaei Botanical Gardens – 1800 N Dixboro Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Feed the kids and some farm animals when you have a picnic at the local petting farm.
- Heritage Park Petting Farm – 12803 Pardee Rd, Taylor, MI 48180
- Domino Farms – 3001 Earhart Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- Wolcott Mill Farm Center – 65775 Wolcott Rd, Ray, MI 48096
- Maybury Farm – 50165 West 8 Mile Road, Northville, MI 48167
- Kensington Metropark Farm Center – 4570 Huron River Pkwy, Milford, MI 48380
Pack a picnic and enjoy an afternoon of fun at these fun local attractions. Admission is required but it’s free if you’re a member!
- Greenfield Village – 20900 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn, MI 48124
- Detroit Zoo – 8450 W 10 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48067
- Edsel & Eleanor Ford House – 1100 Lake Shore Rd, Grosse Pointe Shores, MI 48236
- Meadow Brook – 350 Estate Dr., Rochester, Michigan 48309
Bonus – Midtown
A personal favorite not to be overlooked – the Detroit Institute of Arts, there is a creative picnic area along Woodward where we sit and watch people, cars and ‘the train’ pass by in the city’s Cultural Center. Enjoy lunch and then explore the DIA, the Detroit Historical Museum, Michigan Science Center or the Charles H Wright Museum – they are located within a 10 minute walk of each other.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..