The days may all be a blur but the weekends are a time to refresh. Save time scrolling and check…
Thanksgiving is a time to reset and recharge with family. It also starts the countdown to Christmas and the end of a very long year. Here are some fun family activities to do before the turkey dinner and all throughout the weekend.
Take Part in A Turkey Day Tradition
Start your day with America’s Thanksgiving Parade! The march down Woodward will air on WDIV as it does every year and now you can watch from the comfort of your couch. Check out our favorite family traditions and find new ways to make the day extra special.
Plan A Family Nature Walk
When you can’t gather at the table, meet up at the park.
- Find fairy doors hidden on Belle Isle State Park
- Admission is FREE for kids at the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House
- Cranbrook Gardens are open to the public and beautiful to explore
- Feel like you’re out West with a trip to Fox Science Preserve
- Visit North America’s only International Wildlife Refuge in Trenton
Shop Local + Have Fun Downtown
Get your shopping list together and look local this holiday season. You can make errand running more fun for you and the kids when you visit one of these festive local downtowns.
Tis The Season
When the turkey is done, Christmas time as begun! Don’t waste a minute of the most magical time of the year and start celebrating.
- Find the perfect tree at a U-Pick Farm
- Put on your favorite Christmas playlist and take in a Drive-Thru holiday event
- Or bundle up and head outside for a walk under the lights at an outdoor event
- Have the most memorable family movie night
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..