The leaves on the trees are changing and make the perfect backdrop for a road trip. Put on your favorite…
The 4th of July will be celebrated a differently this year, whether you decide to stay at home or get away here are ideas for ways to celebrate.
Celebrate @ Home
Have fun at home with all-American favorites.
- DIY fireworks (crafts for kids).
- Turn on the grill and get cooking – try these BBQ recipes from Blake Farms.
- Decorate your bikes and have a parade in your neighborhood.
- Make a sundae bar with your favorite Guernsey ice cream.
- Put up a movie projector and watch Hamilton (the original Broadway production will stream on Disney +) or 1776 in your backyard.
Soak up the sun and sit under the stars with these timeless activities.
- Spend the day at the beach
- Try kayaking with kids
- Explore a State Park
- Go out for ice cream
- Watch a movie at the drive-in
Hit The Road
Get out of town for the weekend. Book a hotel stay or pop a tent for a camping trip.
Read About the Revolution
Get some more check marks on your Summer Reading list and learn about heroes of the revolution with these fun books.
- John, Paul, George and Ben by Lane Smith
- The Journey of the One and Only Declaration of Independence by Judith St. George
- George Washington’s Teeth by Deborah Chandra
- Worst of Friends by Suzanne Tripp Jurmain
- Independent Dames by Laurie Halse Anderson
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..