Looking for a place to go tubing? Plan a day trip or weekend getaway and have snowy hilltop fun with…
One of the best things about the holiday season is visiting with friends and family from out of town. Make your time together more memorable by checking out these places and events during Christmas break.
Brighten Up Your Night
The nice thing about early darkness is that there’s more time to take in the lights before bedtime! There’s something magical about holiday lights and there are plenty of places to find them around town.
- HollyDazzle (Holly)
- Glenlore Trails: Aurora (Commerce)
- Blossom Heath Pier (St. Clair Shores)
- Magic of Lights (Clarkston)
- Neighborhood Light Shows (Multiple locations)
Take Part In a Hometown Tradition
Introduce a new generation to some of metro Detroit’s favorite activities.
- Wayne County Lightfest @ Hines Drive
- Holiday Nights @ Greenfield Village
- Wild Lights @ The Detroit Zoo
- Taylor’s Winterfest @ Heritage Park
Take a road trip here are 10 Best Holiday Destinations In Michigan
Museums are always fun and these unique exhibits and events make the visit even more special.
- Michigan Science Center
- Light Up Beacon Park
- Winter @ Valade Park
- Belle Isle Holiday Stroll
- Celebrate Kwanza @ Detroit Farm + Cider
Hit the Ice Rink
Winter has arrived and ice skating is a fun seasonal sport. Bundle up and go skating at an outdoor rink!
- Blake Farms (Armada)
- The Rink @ Campus Martius (Detroit)
- Dodge Park (Sterling Heights)
- Buhr Arena (Ann Arbor)
- Riley Park (Farmington)
Plan A Park Date
When you can’t gather indoors, bundle up and head out! Go for a nature walk or let kids run around on the playground while you catch up with extended family or friends over the holiday.
- 25 Most Popular Playgrounds In Metro Detroit
- Metro Detroit Family Hiking Guide
- 12 Easy Nature Walks To Do With Kids
Celebrate The ‘Noon’ Year
It’s been a year! Let’s celebrate the end of 2020 and look forward to the new year.
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..