If your littles love trains, here are the best places to find trains to ride and climb across Metro Detroit.…
Birthdays are a big deal for little kids. They countdown the days and can’t wait to celebrate. Make it a day they’ll never forget and plan an awesome party at home or on the town.
Have it at home
Don’t worry about leaving the house, the party can come to you!
- Add another name to the guest list – from princess to super hero, Star Wars and Super Mario, Laurel’s Princess Parties can make your littles dreams come true
- Most days your house feels like a zoo so why not make it official with the Exotic Zoo with cute and cuddly animals to slithering creatures with scales, the Exotic Zoo brings it to you!
- No need to worry about kids bouncing around the house, instead they can jump in a bounce house and play with lawn games from Five Little Monkeys – they have vintage arcade games too!
- Celebrate with heroes. Due to COVID-19 many local police and fire stations have been willing to drive by families homes to recognize kids on their birthdays.
Plan An Animal Party
Include some special guests to help make it a happy birthday
- Play with animals and at the Barnyard Funland at Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill.
- Get a private tour of the barn and groom the ponies at Taylor’s Heritage Park Farm.
- The kids get cake and to feed a croc at The Reptarium!
- Have an underwater adventure and see fish large and small at SEA LIFE Michigan.
Try Something New
It’s not easy watching our kids grow up but with each year comes new experiences and here are some for the big day.
- For the athlete who can’t wait to drive, WhirlyBall is the place to party. A combination of basketball, hockey and Jai-Alai played while riding a bumper car.
- Let them live out their ninja dreams with obstacle courses, rock climbing, parkour and more atGanbaru Detroit or S.W.A.G Kids Gym in West Bloomfield.
- We’ve all at least been to a bowling party as a kid, now your kids can have a fowling (football/bowling) party at the Fowling Warehouse.
- Take the birthday celebration to new heights at TreeRunner Adventure Park. Kids can learn to climb the trees and tackle obstacles from a whole new angle.
When you can’t play outside but want to get out the house here are some indoor ideas.
- Make a splash in a pool at Goldfish Swim School, the Troy Community Pool or take a trip to Zehnder’s Splash Village.
- Let your kids have party of their fantasies at Dream Scene. Let them pick from Fairy Sparkle to Project Runway, superheroes and a dozen more fun themes.
- The littlest ones will love running around Peppa Pig World of Play on their big day or go build your own adventure at LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
- Climb, slide and have a ball at an indoor playplace. A few of our favorites are Dinoland, Kidcadia, Yoyo’s Fun Center and Rochester Play.
- Take the excitement to the next level with arcade games, laser tag, trampolines and more at Rev’d Up Fun, UrbanAir Adventure Park, and DEFY Detroit.
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..