You read about bear hunts, sing about Old McDonald and watch Finding Nemo more times than you can count. Now…
Have some fun in the sun at the beach this summer! Michigan is the Great Lake state for a reason, find your family’s favorite way to cool down on a hot day at one of these public beaches.
- Bald Mountain Recreation Area (Lake Orion)
- Dodge #4 State Park (Waterford)
- Highland Recreation Area (White Lake)
- Holly Recreation Area (Holly)
- Independence Oaks (Clarkston) – Opening date TBD
- Kensington Metropark Martindale & Maple Beach (Milford)
- Pontiac Lake Recreation Area (Pontiac)
- Seven Lakes State Park (Holly)
- Thelma Spencer Park (Rochester Hills)
- Lake St. Clair Metropark Beach (Harrison Township)
- Stony Creek Metropark Eastwood (Shelby Township)
- Walter and Mary Burke Park (New Baltimore)
- Brighton Recreation Area (Howell)
- Independence Lake County Park (Whitmore Lake)
- Island Lake Recreation Area (Brighton)
- Pinckney Recreation Area (Pinckney)
COVID-19 Notice: Current reports say that spending the day at the beach offers a low risk to individuals but maintain social distancing practices when around others and use wipes/hand sanitizer. Public restrooms offer low to medium risk, be smart and practice good hygiene – it’s always a good idea to shower when you get home from the beach anyway.
Photo credit: Facebook
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..