Bundle up, hop in the car and turn on the Christmas music – it’s time to find your family tree. Don’t forget the saw and bungee cords because you’ll be chopping it down yourself (it means more that way!).
- Eastern Market // 2934 Russell St, Detroit MI 48207 Open: Saturdays
- Capitol Park // 1215 Griswold St, Detroit, MI 48226Open: Daily, November 16t thru December 22
- Garden Bug // 18901 Grand River Ave, Detroit, MI 48202Open: Daily
- Blake’s Farm // 17985 Armada Center Rd, Armada, MI 48005 // 1 hour north of DetroitPick your own Christmas tree and shop the holiday market. Have lunch with Santa, drink gourmet hot chocolate and hard cider next to the bonfire and go on a hayride.Open: Daily, November 23 thru December 23
- Candy Cane Christmas Tree Farm // 4780 Seymourlake Rd, Oxford, MI 48371 // 45 minutes north of DetroitFind your tree, buy fresh Christmas decor and visit Santa (on the weekends).Open: Beginning Thanksgiving morning to December 2
- Addison-Oaks Christmas Tree Farm // 355 Lake George Rd, Oakland, MI, 48363 Find your family tree. Cider and hot chocolate available on the weekends.Open: Daily, November 17 thru December 23
- Stanczyk Tree Farm // 7355 Fish Lake Rd, Holly, MI 48442 Find your family tree.Open: Weekends beginning November 23 thru December 9
- Waldock Tree Farm // 3090 Dutcher Rd, Howell MI 48843 Bundle up and bring a saw (they have some if you forget) to find the perfect tree. While it’s being wrapped, enjoy donuts and cider.Open: Weekends, beginning November 23
- Westman Tree Farm // 8000 Chamberlin Rd, Dexter MI 48130 Westman’s offers the perfect tree for your family: Norway Spruce, White Spruce, Colorado Blue Spruce and Concolor Firs.Open: Daily, beginning November 24
- Broadview Christmas Tree Farm //4380 N Hickory Ridge Rd, Highland, MI, 48357 Search the 118 acre farm for your family tree. Enjoy a wagon ride, petting farm, refreshments and a visit with Santa.Open: November 17 thru Christmas Eve
- Middle Road Tree Farm // 4235 Middle Rd, Highland, Michigan 48357 Find your family tree.Open: Daily, November 17
- Arend Tree Farm // 3512 Notten Rd, Grass Lake, MI 49240Find your family tree.
- Hillside Christmas Tree Farm // 14745 Sharon Hollow Rd, Manchester, MI 48158 Find your tree (and let your kids find one for their room in the Tot-Lot), ride a wagon, sing some carols and enjoy the holiday season.Open: Weekends, November 23
- Urquhart Tree Farm // 10050 Jerusalem Rd, Chelsea, MI 48118Find your tree and shop for holiday crafts in the big read barn.Open: Select hours begin November 23 and continue for 4 weeks
- Matthes Tree Farm // 13416 Lulu Rd, Ida MI 48140 The farm offers cut your own, pre-cut, and live balled trees. There is also a fully heated barn with live entertainment, crafts, a petting zoo, wagon rides and Santa.Open: Daily, November 17 thru December 23
- Huron Christmas Tree Farm // 32120 King Rd, New Boston, MI 48164 Minutes away from the Paint Creek Trail, Goodison’s is a great place to stop for cider, donuts and world famous pistachio nut bread. Visit on a Sunday for a pony ride.Open: Daily, November 17
- The Henry Ford // 20900 Oakwood Boulevard, Dearborn, MI 48124Find fresh greenery and trees from Novia Scotia at The Henry Ford Holiday Tree Lot by Greenfield Village.Open: November 23 while supplies last
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..