Kids are expensive but going out doesn't have to be. If you are a member of Bank of American, check…
Cinco De Mayo celebrates Mexican-American heritage and falls on Taco Tuesday this year. We’re bummed we can’t celebrate in Southwest Detroit but look forward to supporting the local restaurants and businesses in Mexicantown when the crisis is over. In the meantime, here are some fun ways to celebrate at home.
- Make a donkey pinata or a mini tissue roll one
- Play futbol (aka soccer) in the backyard
- Listen to a Cinco De Mayo playlist on Spotify
- Make music with homemade maracas
- Read about 11 Latinas who made US history in Be Bold! Be Brave by Naibe Reynoso
- Learn Spanish with the Duolingo app for kids
- Watch Disney’s Coco
- Make Frida Kahlo Inspired Floral Headband
- Decorate with tissue paper tassels
- Print and play Lotería
All parties require good food. Here are recipes for a family fiesta that everyone will love.
- Sweet Potato + Black Bean Tacos
- Mexican Street Tacos
- Chicken Tacos
- Watermelon Margaritas – for parents + kids
- Mexican Paletas
Photo Credit: Source
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..