If you are looking to switch up your bedtime routine, the Sesame Street Workshop is launching The Not Too Late…
The days may all be a blur, but we can still get excited for the weekend. After a long week at home, spend time outside and take in some fresh air and celebrate Easter. If you need some inspiration for things to do with your kids, here are 10 things you CAN still do this weekend.
- Start the weekend off right with a delicious breakfast treat, here are a few of our favorite recipes.
- Decorate Easter eggs.
- Cuddle up on the couch and watch an festive movie (some ideas: Hop, Peter Rabbit, It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown, Ice Age. The Great Egg-scapade).
- Go on a bunny hunt. Get out the house and take a nature walk to see if you can spot the Easter bunny, here is a list of kid-friendly trails in metro Detroit.
- Make homemade Easter candy.
- Have an egg hunt in the backyard.
- Play Easter-inspired games.
- Listen to an Easter story. Read picture books, listen to an Easter folktale or stream a church service.
- Plan a family dinner – FaceTime/Zoom family members and eat a meal together.
- Get dressed up and take a family picture because even if it doesn’t feel like a holiday, you’ll want to remember it.
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..