Girls on the Run gives every girl a place to grow, connect and shine! Find a program at your local…
There are so many things happening around town in May (check out our full list) – but here are our top 10 picks for what to do with kids this month!
1. Experience art, culture and fun at Beacon Park’s interactive Los Trompos exhibit: Sunday, May 5 – Sunday, Jun 9
2. Take the bikes out for a spin and let your littles learn to ride at Hines Drive. Six miles of the road is closed to traffic every Saturday from 9am to 3:30pm.
3. From fire trucks to school buses (and more), don’t miss Touch-A-Truck on the Detroit Riverfront on Saturday, May 11th.
4. Find classic cars, farm animals and family fun at the Greater Rochester’s Heritage Days on May 18th & 19th.
5. We spent enough time indoors this year, go shopping outside at a local farmers market AND try your hand at growing your own food in a garden. You can find fruit, vegetables and flowers to plant at Eastern Market’s Annual Flower Day on Sunday, May 19th.
6. Summer is just around the corner and that means pool parties, trips to the local waterpark and lazy days on the beach! Stay safe and have fun at Goldfish Swim School’s FREE Water Safety Day on Saturday, May 18th.
7. Ride the carousel, win some prizes and eat an elephant ear at a local festival or fair.
- Northville Carnival: Thursday, May 9 – Sunday, May 12
- Berkley Days: Thursday, May 16 – Sunday, May 19
- Detroit World Outreach Carnival: Thursday, May 16 – Sunday, May 19
- Livonia AM Rotary Carnival: Thursday, May 16 – Monday, May 27
- Pontiac Spring Carnival: Thursday, May 23 – Monday, May 27
- St. Mary’s Polish Country Fair: Friday, May 24 – Monday, May 27
- Sumpter Township Country Fest: Friday, May 24 – Monday, May 27
- Milan Fair: Thursday, May 30 – Saturday, June 1
- Kick Off To Summer: Thursday, May 30 – Sunday, June 2
- St. Mary’s Michigan Fun Fest: Thursday, May 30 – Sunday, June 2
8. Spend Memorial Weekend at Greenfield Village’s Civil War Remembrance. The annual events provides an immersive look at life on the battlefield and commemorates the sacrifices made by the men and women in uniform.
9. We love outdoor movies and Ralph Breaks the Internet, enjoy both at the Shelby Township Community Center on Thursday, May 30th.
10. Get out of the house and hit the pavement with other parents and your littles at Gazelle Sports’ FREE Moms On The Move walk/run meet-up in Birmingham every Wednesday starting at 9:30 a.m..
GIVEAWAY: Nothing makes working out quite as fun as new gear – enter to win a gift card and pick out a pair of shoes to help you keep up with your littles.
We want to hear from you! What are you looking forward to doing with your family in June? Email your top picks to email@example.com
Photos credit: Abel Klainbaum
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..