November looks a little different this year but your favorite holiday traditions are back and some really cool new ones!…
There are so many things happening around town in July (check out our full list) – here are our top 10 picks for what to do with kids this month!
1. Take time away from work and the hustle and bustle of home and go back to nature on a camping trip.
- Camp Dearborn (Milford)
- Brighton Recreation Area
- Emmett KOA
- William C. Sterling State Park (Monroe)
- Clearwater Campgrounds (Ortonville)
- Pontiac Lake Recreation Area
New to camping? Here are a few tips for first timers.
2. Dinosaurs, Monster trucks, farm animals and carnival rides – The Oakland County Fair has it all! Don’t miss the 10 days of fun.
4. Aladdin, Toy Story and The Lion King are all back in the theater this summer! Add to the summer throwback and take your kids to the drive-in!
5. Let’s go fly a kite at the Detroit Kites Festival on Sunday, July 14th at Belle Isle State Park. While on the topic on kites, Detroit and throwback movies – Mary Poppins Returns is playing at Campus Martius this month.
6. It’s summer reading season and the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy hosts FREE Reading and Rhythm storytimes at Cullen Plaza every Thursday and Friday through August 16th.
7. 50 years Apollo 11 landed on the moon and changed what we believed as possible. Learn about space and inspire your little to reach for the stars at one of these local events.
8. Celebrate National Ice Cream Day on Sunday, July 21 with a trip to a new ice cream place around town!
10. We love the sun and the chance to swim outside. How many of these water parks and pools have you visited in metro Detroit this summer?
We want to hear from you! What are you looking forward to doing with your family in July? Email your top picks to carrie (@) littleguidedetroit.com
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..