There are so many things happening around town in August (check out our full list) – here are our top 10 picks for what to do with kids this month!
1. School starts in a month and we want you to make the most of summer! Check out our before school starts activities checklist AND enter to win $100 to Target for your shopping needs.
3. If your littles love trains as much as automobiles, take them to Huckleberry Railroad for A Day Out With Thomas! You can also catch a train ride on Sundays at Joy Park in Clinton Township.
5. Movies in the park are popular and FUN! Check out the outdoor movie schedule and put the Detroit Symphony Orchestra’s showing of The Princess and The Frog on your calendar because there will also be a pop-up performance by the Gabriel Brass Band.
7. Remind your littles that learning is fun and take them to the Michigan Science Center. Admission is FREE through August 17th!
8. Go camping in the backyard, on a trip or in your community! If you’re a first-timer, here are some helpful tips.
- Family Campout @ Steffens Park, Fraser
- Backyard Campout @ Leslie Science & Nature Center, Ann Arbor
- Family Campout @ Maybury State Park, Northville
9. Capture the kids before they start the school year and get the family photo lined up for the holiday card, take pictures at one of these picturesque locations in metro Detroit.
10. The final weekend of the month is Labor Day weekend. Send off summer at a festival: Michigan State Fair (Novi), Arts Beats and Eats (Royal Oak) and Blake’s Craft Faire and Fiber Festival (Armada).
We want to hear from you! What are you looking forward to doing with your family in August? Email your top picks to carrie (@) littleguidedetroit.com
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..