Stage sensation, Disney's The Lion King is coming to Broadway in Detroit and you don't want to wait to get…
The Detroit Riverfront is hosting the Detroit Harvestfest & Food Truck Rally on Saturday, October 9th and Sunday, October 10th along the Dequindre Cut Greenway. Bring the kids for trick or treating, a free pumpkin patch, inflatable bounce houses, more than 60 food trucks and more!
Get ready for fall fun in the city. The Detroit Riverfront’s popular Harvestfest is BACK and bigger than ever with 60 food trucks, live music and plenty of family-friendly activities. Find a complete line up of events here.
- Trick or treating (11am – 4pm) and costume contest.
- Character Meet and Greet (1pm – 3pm)
- FREE “Pick and Take” pumpkin patch + decorating
- Children’s entertainment and dance party
- Hands-on Activities in the Kids Tent include spooky slime, mask making, a monster mural, Halloween glitter tattoos and fabric pouches to contribute to the Healing Memorial art installation that is on display at TCF Center.
- Inflatables zone for kids that features an obstacle course, quarterback challenge, ax throwing and Skeeball
- Live music spread throughout the Dequindre Cut
- 60 of Metro Detroit’s most popular food trucks Wing Snob, Crispelli’s, Maui Mike, Galindo’s, Mr. Pitmaster BBQ, Cinnabon, Island Noodles, Fork in Nigeria and A Taste of Motown
- Live mural creation with guest participation
- Scavenger hunt with five locations along the greenway set up with a QR code to scan with contest prizes
Admission is $5 per person for everyone ages 17 and older. The Harvest Festival will run from 11am to 8pm on October 9th and 10th along The Dequindre Cut located between Orleans Street and St. Aubin Street.
From east to west the Detroit Riverfront is getting a massive makeover, check out the incredible 5-acre playground Delta Dental is funding at the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Centennial Park that will also open to the public in 2022.
Photo credit: Detroit Riverfront
About Carrie Budzinski
Carrie Budzinski is the Vice President of LittleGuide Detroit. She grew up in Livonia and Detroit and continues to live life in both cities. Carrie loves exploring the city and finding hidden gems in the suburbs..